Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Today

I hate public transportation!!! I used to be very keen about it. yeah, keen.... I was very keen of (or about?) catching bus or other public transportations but nowadays, they have become so unreliable! I really hate waiting for the bus that didn't come (I mean, it supposed to come but it didnt showed up!!). It's just a waste of time and I was very tired this afternoon.. It's just... getting on my nerves!
I went to the library after the last lecture to find some books for my long essay research (yeah, I'm doing research, just started it by borrowing some books... hmm not really sure that I will read those books..). So... the library is very modern!! hahaha compared to sanur's*.. and they have this bar-code scanning machine, just like at the supermarket. Then ofcourse, they had this bar-code label sticked on the books. Isn't that cool?? But I think it's a usual thing here.. oh such a modernized country, so well-developed... Indo still has a long way to go, to reach this point where everything is computerized. Well, at least we're not that far behind (or are we?)
So this weird-looking and quite big machine scanned my books, after it scanned my student ID card (as a library member card). After that, I can go home with my books. But they have that beeping gate that squeak and beep if something with some magnetic censor pass through it*. So actually, what that scanning machine should do is to reverse or erase the magnetic censor* so borrowers could escape peacefully without a single squeak and beep from the gate. But then, it didn't do it correctly. So the gate beeped and then I had to come back to the loan desk. I really hate this kind of thing. It's a waste of time and it made me do it twice. I think I'll go to the loan desk next time, instead of doing the scanning myself.
Oh and you get to do your photocopiers yourself too. I have a new photocopy card and some undoubtedly mistaken copied papers. Finally I managed to get the paper in the right place on the glass surface.
What really bad, as bad as the buses, is that I was looking in the wrong shelfs for all my books, this 2 days. No wonder I couldn't find what I want. I've learned something, that is SQ 381 is different from S 381. However, I finally got what I was looking for.
It's not a very big deal.
I'm tired today. n missing someone.


*: I'm just guessing..

5 Fresh Bites:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Cecil munched...

madh..punya blog toh elo...
hehehe..i actually like using the scanner than queuing up in front of the loan desk. It's just so much easier for me to do it by myself.
anyway, maen ke melben donggggggg...ude bosen nih di sini...btw, r u going back to indo during the winter break?

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger innocent rose munched...

sbnrnya yg mau gw tulis... missing someone... missing sapa yak??

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger nara charmyta munched...

huehehehe gw sih suka jg nyeken sndr cil, lucu gt.. hehehe tp tampaknya kmrn bukti kegagalan pemula.

ehehehe adalah seseorang yang tidak bisa kusebut identitasnya.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger TheExtraOrdinaryOne munched...

iya nih bikun akhir2 ini juga lelet sekali datangnya... aku tersiksa///

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger nara charmyta munched...

syd bus tae

 

Post a Comment

<< Home